In today’s agricultural market, maximizing your cash assets is important to growing your income. GreenStone FCS, in cooperation with AgriBank, offers an integrated account to help our customers maximize the earning power of your cash assets, called the Farm Cash Management (FCM) account. The FCM combines your GreenStone FCS operating loan with the high return of a short-term investment. By linking your FCM account, you help minimize your net interest cost and maximize your farm cash management flow.
FCM Account Functionality
Investing in your FCM account is as simple as making a payment on a loan.
- Whenever a payment is greater than the balance in your revolving line-of-credit, your FCM account automatically invests your surplus in short-term, AgriBank Investment Bonds.
- Interest accrues on these bonds daily and is added to your investment at month’s end.
- You have access to your money at all times and can draw on your investment account the same way you would draw on your line-of-credit, just complete a draft or transfer funds electronically.
- If you draw out more funds than your investment and earnings total, an FCM account will automatically access your line-of-credit. This means you’ll delay incurring any interest expense until after all your invested funds and earnings have been used!
Benefits of an FCM Account
- Earn an attractive interest rate on your investment balance
- Investment earnings both delay and reduce the need to draw on your line-of-credit, reducing the cost of borrowing
- Earnings are exempt from state and local income taxes
- Automatic fund management for maximum convenience and simplicity
- Opening a Farm Cash Management account is as simple as calling or visiting your local GreenStone FCS office
*This is not an offer for the sale of FCM investment accounts or AgriBank Money Market investments. Such investments are not insured by, or a direct obligation of the United States government. FCM investments can only be purchased directly from AgriBank, FCB. Carefully review the disclosure information provided to all prospective purchasers prior to purchasing. Farm Credit associations are not authorized to represent AgriBank regarding AgriBank Money Market Investments. You should not rely on any statement or opinion of such association or its personnel in deciding upon the safety and soundness of investment accounts or their suitability for your particular situation.