Starting a career in the agricultural industry can be a challenging, and finding the right lending partner can be even harder. GreenStone recognizes young, beginning and small farmers are vital to the economic health of agriculture and the rural communities we serve. For 100 years, we have been committed to helping these farmers establish a successful and sustainable operation by offering specialized loan programs with unique lending standards.
- A young farmer is one who is 35 years of age or younger
- A beginning farmer is one who has ten or fewer years of experience
- A small farmer is one who generates less than $250,000 in annual gross sales from production agriculture
- Farm background or experience
- Potential in management ability
- A plan for long-term personal and financial goals
- Knowledge of the enterprise to be financed as well as the inherent risks involved
- Ability to maintain an adequate farm record system
Specialized Loan Programs
GreenStone serves the unique needs of young, beginning and small farmers through special lending programs that extend credit in a safe and sound manner. In addition to USDA Farm Service Agency guaranteed lending programs, relaxed underwriting standards and loan terms have been developed for:
- Farm operating loans
- Farm equipment and intermediate-term loans
- Real estate loans
Interested in learning more? Contact your local branch today!
Support Beyond Financing
GreenStone's commitment to young, beginning and small farmers extends beyond providing financial products and services. We offer additional opportunities for support including educational opportunities and volunteer efforts.
Providing financial contributions and volunteer efforts in support of communities, and organizations; such as young farmer programs, FFA and 4-H.
Awarding up to $40,000 in scholarships
annually to youth entering college with plans to major in an agricultural field of study.