The phrase “being healthy” can sometimes frighten people, as many associate it with extra time and work. This statement doesn’t have to come with apprehension. You can start by taking small steps toward your goals, and there’s a challenge that can help you get there. This challenge consists of drinking 8 glasses of water every day and tracking it! Water keeps you hydrated and is a great first step in the healthy direction.
The Challenge - Tips for You!
You can craft this challenge in your own way! How you want to be accountable for doing this is completely up to you. Here are some ideas to get you started!
• When you wake up, get a glass of water. This will allow you to start your day off thinking about drinking water more and allow your body to stay hydrated. More than likely, your body hasn’t seen water for at least 7-8 hours while you were sleeping. It needs it!
• While eating or snacking, get a glass of water. Drink water while eating meals, but also get some extra glasses in while having a snack! For some, it is easy to snack without having anything to drink, so challenge yourself to add water into the routine. If you do this and make it a habit, you will get to your 8 glasses a day faster.
• Do some form of exercise every day. This can be walking your dog, doing a workout video, running, walking around your office at lunch, the options are endless. If you do some form of exercise, you will probably get tired faster and need some water along the way. Take some water with you or keep it on the table next to you. When you are thirsty, it will be right there.
• Bring a water bottle with you everywhere. If you have a full bottle of water with you, you will always have access to water, which will make you want to drink it more. Fill it up in the morning to take with you to school or work. While always having the water, you won’t feel the need to stop somewhere to get a pop at a gas station or a drive thru. This is a good habit to start and keep!
• Get a glass of water before you go to bed. Even if you didn’t hit your goal of drinking 8 glasses today, don’t worry. It takes some time to get in the habit. By drinking water before you go to bed, you will stay hydrated throughout the night and get yourself closer to that goal.
Have you been looking for a way to track your water intake? Below are some apps some health experts recommend!
1. Daily Water Tracker Reminder
3. Water Reminder
4. Hydro Coach
6. iPhone Health App
While all these suggestions are just starting points, they each bring you one step closer to the goal we are trying to achieve. Taking good care of your body is important – and this is a beginner challenge to get you on the right path!
To view the article in the online 2021 Spring Partners Magazine, click here.