Focusing on Young, Beginning and Small Farmers
Farming takes courage - it can be capital-intense with plenty of uncertainty. CultivateGrowth offers a helping hand to modern and diverse young, beginning and small farmers with our unmatched expertise and all-encompassing support.
As lenders to rural America and production agriculture, we understand the challenges individuals face when starting their own farm or taking on ownership of a multi-generational farm. GreenStone’s CultivateGrowth program focuses on you - the fresh, upcoming entrepreneur ready to realize your agricultural dreams. As such, we work to provide the educational and financial resources needed to help establish a solid foundation for young, beginning and small farmers through our CultivateGrowth program. Uniquely designed to support the diversity of today’s producers, the multiple aspects of the CultivateGrowth program provide funding, networking, education and financing to serve their individual needs.
Specialized Loan Programs and Resources
Helping small and beginning farmers of all production styles obtain and maintain the resources they need is a top priority for GreenStone. CultivateGrowth provides financing in unique and individualized situations through our relaxed underwriting standards to help the next generation of agriculture overcome the farming's financial challenges. Our expertise in agricultural financing, in addition to our understanding of specialized Farm Service Agency (FSA) programs, allows us to better understand your business cycles and the details in your operation as we provide loans for young, beginning or small farmers.
- A young farmer is one who is 35 years of age or younger
- A beginning farmer is one who has 10 or fewer years of experience
- A small farmer is one who generates less than $250,000 in annual gross sales from production agriculture
- Farm background or experience
- Potential in management ability
- A plan for long-term personal and financial goals
- Knowledge of the enterprise to be financed as well as the inherent risks involved
- Ability to maintain an adequate farm record system
Support Beyond Financing
Our commitment to the next generation of farmers extends beyond providing financial products and services to educational opportunities and involvement in youth organizations.
- Supporting continued education and personal growth by offering up to $40,000 in CultivateGrowth Grants.
- Offering new or young farmers unique learning and networking opportunities by working with an experienced farmer through the CultivateGrowth Mentorship.
- Awarding up to $40,000 in scholarships annually to incoming college students planning to major in an agricultural field of study.
- Providing financial contributions and volunteer efforts in support of communities, and organizations; such as young farmer programs, FFA and 4-H.