Grow Forward Grant
Participating in educational events and working with other professionals helps expand your knowledge and strengthen your business. Our Grow Forward Grant Program provides up to $40,000 in grants to help offset the cost of these programs and services for young, beginning and small farmers. Current customers are eligible for up to $1,000. Non-customers are eligible for up to $500.
Qualifications for the Young, Beginning, and Small Farmer program:
- 18-35 years of age, or
- Farming for less than 10 years, or
- Sustain annual gross sales from agricultural production of less than $250,000
- Must be eligible to be a member of GreenStone; reside in Michigan or northeast Wisconsin
Intended grant use must fall within one of the following categories:
- Agricultural programs/events: educational course/program (on-site or online), conference fees, etc.
Program/event not required to be in GreenStone's territory
- GreenStone resources: accounting and tax services, technology support, etc.
Available for first time use of service only
- Non-GreenStone services: business and farm consultants, etc.
Exclusions of grant use include:
- Entertainment venues/networking events
- Travel related expenses
- College course as part of a degree program
- Technology software and hardware, farm equipment, farm inputs/operating expenses, building improvements, etc.
- Routine business costs (yearly taxes, etc.)
- External service that is currently offered by GreenStone Farm Credit Services
- Costs associated with loans, fees, etc.
- Costs associated with the Farm Women's Symposium (due to scholarships available directly through the program)