Features & Benefits
Starting a career in the agricultural industry can be challenging, but finding the right lending partner can help support your growth. GreenStone’s CultivateGrowth program provides the foundation to flourish in your agricultural aspirations. Uniquely designed to support the diversity of today’s young, beginning and small farmers, the multiple aspects of this program provide funding, networking, education and financing to serve your individual needs.
GreenStone’s CultivateGrowth program focuses on you - the fresh, upcoming entrepreneur ready to realize your agricultural dreams.
Thanks to over 100 years of agricultural experience, we understand the challenges individuals face when starting their own farm or taking on ownership of a multi-generational farm and as such, we work to provide the educational and financial resources needed to help establish a solid foundation for new and young farmers. CultivateGrowth provides financing in unique and individualized situations through our relaxed underwriting standards. Our expertise in agricultural financing, in addition to our understanding of specialized Farm Service Agency (FSA) programs, means you have access to loans designed specifically for your unique needs.
- A young farmer is one who is 35 years of age or younger
- A beginning farmer is one who has 10 or fewer years of experience
- A small farmer is one who generates less than $250,000 in annual gross sales from production
- Located in Michigan and northeast Wisconsin
- Farm background or experience
- Potential in management ability
- A plan for long-term personal and financial goals
- Knowledge of the enterprise to be financed as well as the inherent risks involved
- Ability to maintain an adequate farm record system
- Relaxed underwriting requirements and loan terms
- Collaboration with FSA guaranteed loan programs
- Flexible repayment options
- Zero down payment options
- Eligible for patronage
An exciting part of CultivateGrowth is the Emerging Loan program, specifically designed for promising young, beginning and small farmers with limited credit and collateral. CultivateGrowth’s Emerging Loans have more relaxed financing standards and provide financing up to $50,000 in operating loans and $50,000 in long-term loans. In addition to GreenStone’s unique lending options, individuals who qualify for a CultivateGrowth Emerging Loan are eligible to receive an interest rate reduction for the loan upon the completion of their CultivateGrowth Emerging Loan Education.
Support Beyond Financing
Our commitment to the next generation of farmers extends beyond providing financial products and services to educational opportunities and involvement in youth organizations.
- Supporting continued education and personal growth by offering up to $40,000 in CultivateGrowth Grants.
- Offering new or young farmers unique learning and networking opportunities by working with an experienced farmer through the CultivateGrowth Mentorship.
- Awarding up to $40,000 in scholarships annually to incoming college students planning to major in an agricultural field of study.
- Providing financial contributions and volunteer efforts in support of communities, and organizations; such as young farmer programs, FFA and 4-H.